GYPSUM ASSOCIATION SPRING 2022 COMMITTEE MEETINGS
Event Code of Conduct/Waiver of Liability
The health and safety of all attendees of the Gypsum Association’s (GA) Spring 2022 committee meetings remains our top priority. We are closely monitoring state and local government mandates and policy changes, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and public health advancements. As information pertaining to the COVID-19 virus continues to develop, we will adjust our approach as needed and keep you up to date with new developments to ensure a coordinated effort and a safe environment for all meeting attendees. We will comply with all then current and applicable federal, state and local requirements at the time of the committee meetings.
Personal Accountability Commitment
By attending the GA Spring 2022 committee meetings and meals you agree to abide by and engage in certain beneficial health and safety conduct while in attendance. You agree to comply with all then current and applicable federal, state and local requirements. Please do not attend the events if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and your local health authority.
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with and email Vianney Herrera, the GA’s Operations Administrator, at email@example.com if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
During the GA Spring 2022 Committee Meetings
- Follow everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
o Washing hands often with soap and water for at least twenty (20) seconds or using an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
o Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
o Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Discard used tissues in the trash.
o Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using an appropriate cleaning spray or wipe.
- The GA will furnish hand sanitizer and face masks for attendees in each committee meeting.
- Attendees will be required to receive a temperature check upon entry into their meeting rooms to affirm a normal temperature. The GA will furnish each meeting room with a non-contact infrared body thermometer.
- All meeting attendees will be required to self-administer a COVID-19 antigen test each morning prior to arrival and attest to a negative result prior to entering the meeting events. Attendees are expected to obtain their own test kits in advance. Roughly a dozen over-the-counter brands are available from retailers nationwide.
- You are required to follow any mask wearing and social distancing practices in accordance with applicable federal, state and local requirements.
- Contact an onsite GA staff member if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
After the GA Spring 2022 Committee Meetings
If you test positive for COVID-19 up to fourteen (14) days after returning home, immediately contact Vianney Herrera, the GA’s Operations Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your name and other identifying information will remain confidential unless you provide your express, written consent to be identified.
Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the CDC. People can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life threatening illness and even death.
The GA has taken and will continue to take all reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure and cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting or spreading COVID-19 while attending its meetings. Therefore, if you choose to attend the GA Spring 2022 Committee Meetings, you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I have read and understood the above warning concerning COVID-19. I hereby choose to accept the risks as stated.
WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/RELEASE OF LIABILITY: I hereby forever release and waive my right to bring suit against the GA and its officers, directors, staff, hotel and convention center personnel, vendors, or other representatives for fault in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to attending the GA Spring 2022 Committee Meetings. I understand that this waiver means I give up my right to bring any claim based in negligence, including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen.
CHOICE OF LAW: I understand and agree that the law of the State of Maryland will apply to this waiver and release.