The Gypsum Association is pleased to support the 43rd annual Building Safety Month, a worldwide campaign presented by the International Code Council, its members and partners to promote building safety. This year’s campaign, “It Starts with YOU”, raises awareness about the role we all play in ensuring safety in the spaces in which we live, work and learn. The campaign also makes the connection between building codes and our personal safety, as well as the important work done by building safety professionals in our communities.
This year’s campaign addresses how building safety impacts everyone on a personal, local, and global level.
- Week One: Building Safety Starts at Home, May 1–7, highlights how building safety impacts our everyday life as family members, friends and individuals at home.
- Week Two: Building Safety Professionals and You, May 8-14, shares a glimpse into the world of building safety professionals by outlining different roles and their responsibilities.
- Week Three: Prepare Your Community, May 15-21, focuses on how to protect not just your home, but your community at large, from disaster.
- Week Four: Advocate for Your Community, May 22-28, provides the tips and tools needed to advocate for building safety in your community.
- Week Five: Solving Challenges Together, May 29-31, elevates Building Safety Month to a global scale and addresses some of the issues that we face as a global community including extreme weather events and water scarcity.
Learn more about Building Safety Month and what you can do to support building safety.