Welcome to Understanding the GA-600 Fire Resistance Design Manual!
Upon completion of this course you will have a better understanding of:
- Terms used in GA-600 and how they are applied,
- How a fire test is performed,
- Basic conditions of sound control,
- Information in GA-600 system descriptions,
- How the General Explanatory Notes relate to system descriptions for sound and fire, and
- Different types of systems in GA-600.
Review questions are interspersed throughout the course to aid in self-evaluation of your progress. These questions are not graded. You must complete the review questions to move through the course.
The course ends with a short quiz upon which you will be graded. A grade of 80% or better is required for credit or a Certificate of Completion.
The material is divided into learning modules. Each module covers a specific section of GA-600 and features one or more review questions. The individual modules are presented in the same order as the Table of Contents on pages 4 – 6 of GA-600-2021.
To gain a more thorough understanding of the material in each module, review the appropriate pages in GA-600 as you work your way through the course.
To begin a course please log in or create a Gypsum Account. Once logged in, select the “Start taking this Course” button from the top left of this page. Then navigate to the Modules section on this page to begin the lessons within each Section.